Monday, June 13, 2011

First attempt at card making!

So I went shopping for a Father's Day card yesterday and was browsing through birthday cards, etc as I always do. I browse more than I buy just to see the new cute designs and then I make my way to the hugely overpriced gift items cause I love to torture myself with the things I can't afford. lol

So I was reading this cute little birthday card, very homemade looking which is actually nice to see in a card and gift shop. And out of curiosity and habit I flipped it over and looked at the price. I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a few beats...$7.50! For one card with a simple design that I could have made at home. I went from thinking what a cute little card to outrage in about 15 seconds! So what do I do when I'm struck with such disbelief? I vent and put it as my Facebook status! Haha! Then I went into card making overdrive. I've never made a greeting card in my life. To be honest, I really never thought I was creative enough. But after seeing those simple designs on a card priced so high, I thought why not? I'll give it a try. So I made 3 different kinds (with envelopes), I can't say I love them but for basically no cost I think they are 100% better than those that cost $7.50. I really like making them so I think I'll keep it up and see if I develop a knack for it.

As always, for your viewing...pleasure? lol


regular size greeting cards with yellow envelopes



regular size greeting cards with purple envelopes



note cards (measures appr. 4" x 4") with matching envelopes
these are probably my favorite :)



note cards (measures appr. 4" x 4") with matching envelopes

No comments:

Post a Comment