Wednesday, June 29, 2011

30 minutes to Paris!

So I'm still packing and moving and, therefore, getting caught up on my blogging and projects. So here's one I did a few weeks ago. I was wanting a corkboard in my craft room but let's face it, they're overpriced and hugely ugly. I've seen lots of projects of covering them in fabric or painting them, so I knew what I wanted to do but still had yet to find one for cheap.


Imagine my surprise, I found an old corkboard at the thrift store for $2 and already had an old frame here that I had attempted to throw out several times. Luckily it is already close to the color I would have chosen and is a little banged up which distresses it just fine for me. Although I am planning on sanding a little more around the edges.


I couldn't decide what to cover it with. I had nothing here that was suitable and I was having trouble finding something for cheap that I actually liked. Then I popped into the thrift store one morning on the way to work and found this gorgeous vintage (I believe) scarf for $2. Since I collect stamps and postcards it suited me perfectly. (Sorry, no before picture...I managed to remember to get the camera halfway through!)


Voila! Took me about 30 minutes to make this and a total of $4.  The hardest and most time consuming part was getting the damn corkboard frame off! But I love it and totally worth it! A little more sanding around the edges and it's perfect! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment