Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wreath anyone?

I bought a pine cone wreath at the thrift store last winter. God love the ones that put all the effort and work into something and then give up on it and give it away. lol I picked it up as soon as I saw it, I knew I'd need a wreath by Christmas and I'm too cheap to buy one already done. So this was the best of both worlds. Cheap & unfinished but the hard part already done. :D

So I paid maybe $1 for this, then I bought a few silver/white leaves and holly berries for about $0.50 and a huge spool of wired ribbon for $3, all at the thrift store.


Dad was throwing out a bunch of old Christmas things he doesn't use and is tired of storing so I snatched up the wreath hanger. I put this wreath together in about 10 minutes (minus my thousand attempts and failures at a good bow) and in my haste, forgot how ugly the old brass hanger was (no picture was taken but I'm sure you've all seen them, terrible things!) So I covered it in ribbon, last minute kinda thing. Haha!
 And here's the result. I was going for a wintery, snowy kinda wreath...not too overdone or full of color. This picture reminds me of how bad I am at making bows. Ahh well! My first wreath! Come to think of it, it's a little small, next one needs to be much bigger! :)


So..how did I do for my first attempt? Did you ever make a wreath, if so how did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment