Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Christmas Cards

Christmas is gone for another year! It seems we spend so much time preparing for it and it's over in a flash, which is probably why I leave my tree up so long. Five weeks this Christmas, the longest yet!

I made Christmas cards this year for my close friends and family. Even though I love making things, cards in particular, it kinda freaks me out to give a gift of something that I've made. So this is the first year that I actually did it. I surprised myself, it was way too much fun and I can't wait to do it again. However, Christmas eve I started to slightly panic...wondering if I had made the right choice. What if no one likes the cards and gifts? Maybe I should have bought something rather than making them. I am always so full of self doubt, I don't know how I get through my day, to be honest.

But I'm glad I did this. I wouldn't say I've overcome my fear...there's always the next holiday or birthday to panic about...but I got through the hurdle this Christmas. Only good things can come of it. Right?! lol

These are all my own designs...based loosely on many cards that I've drawn inspiration from all over Pinterest. I don't really have any tutorials. You won't need any, they are pretty easy to figure out. Cut some paper, glue some paper. ;) However, if you have questions, feel free to leave a message below.








I made all my envelopes too :)

And yes, picture quality is crap. Still using my phone as a camera! As I see it, I'm lucky to even remember to take any photos at all. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment